[Affiliate links may be used in this post.]
Are you a mom who is seeking quiet time?
When you’re a mom, you have to wear many hats, and one of the main hats happens to be TAXI DRIVER! It’s just a fact of life, right? The kids have places to be, and someone has to get them there.
In fact, it’s the taxi driver status that unites all moms–rather you’re a stay at home mom, or a working mom–you probably still drive your kids around all the time.
Right now we are in the early part of baseball season, which means a lot of practices! Because of that, I have found myself with little blips of free time in the car while the boys are practicing with their teams.
Instead of playing games on my phone during that time, I thought a better use would be to enjoy a little quiet time with the Lord. Because my phone is too tempting, I didn’t want a mobile app.
I wanted to keep it simple, so I created a list of scriptures and response questions that I could tuck inside of my Bible. No extra supplies are needed in my case because I already carry my Bible, my journal and a pen in my purse.
If you find yourself sitting in your vehicle while waiting for your kids (carpool, practice, school pick up/drop off, or lessons) then this plan is for you!
15 Scriptures & Response Questions for Quiet Time on the Run
- Pray and ask the Lord to bless your time with Him
- Locate and circle each scripture in your Bible
- Write out the complete scripture in your journal
- Use the questions as prompts to spark your response time
- Respond as you feel lead in your journal
- End with prayer
- In what ways are you tired and weary? Ask the LORD to restore and renew your strength.
1 Corinthians 16:13
- In what ways have you had to stand firm in your faith lately? How has that impacted your relationship with Christ?
- How do you respond to Christ when you have a guilty conscience? What about when you have sinned? What would you like to change about your pattern?
- What is causing you stress in your life right now? Give it God and allow him to make your crooked paths straight.
- What is your biggest fear? How does this fear impact your daily life? How does it impact your spiritual relationship with Christ?
- What does it mean to you to, “be patient in tribulation?”
- Are you weary or burdened? In what ways can God give you rest?
- What is something you grow weary of doing as a mom? Why do you continue to do it?
- Identify the things in your life that separate you from the LORD. Ask God to tear down those walls in your life.
1 Peter 4:8
- What does the phrase, “love covers a multitude of sins,” mean to you?
- Do you find joys in your trials?
- What does the word, “meek” mean to you? Why do you think the LORD is pleased when we are meek?
- What is upsetting your right now? Ask the LORD to make your heart joyful.
- Which fruit of the spirit do you struggle to embody?
1 Peter 1:8
- In what ways do you see the LORD in your daily life?
|Click the Image to Download|